Daechi-dong Gangnam school is a student-centered, experiential, and project-based private academy looking for full-time teachers. 3.3M-4M a mo+500k/5M housing/key money
Daechi-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Hiring 1 teacher in May & two more teachers for July.
30 hours a week with no Saturdays, 33 hours a week with Saturdays. One early presence before class is required.
3.3M KRW monthly, working 30 hours M-F OR 4M KRW monthly, working 33 hours M-F / 10 am - 1 pm Saturdays.
Total number of FT
Grade 2 – 6, 10 -13 years old
Total number of KT
Daechi-dong Gangnam School is a student-centered, experiential, and project-based private academy looking for full-time teachers. 3.3M-4M a mo+500k/5M housing/key money
Our school is very different than any private English school in Korea, and we have the top students in Gangnam attending our school. All our students are on track to go to top universities in the USA and are only admitted to our school if they are of the highest level. Therefore, our classes are not to teach English but are more geared to improving critical thinking, debating, discussing, and promoting critical thought in English verbally and in writing. We are looking for experienced, passionate educators who want to be a part of our goal to send our students to top universities in foreign countries, primarily in the USA, Canada, and the UK.
Hours: Teaching Hours: 30 hours a week with no Saturdays, 33 hours a week with Saturdays. One early presence before class is required.
Monthly Pay: 3.3M KRW monthly, working 30 hours M-F OR 4M KRW monthly, working 33 hours M-F / 10 am - 1 pm Saturdays.
* We provide teachers with a housing allowance of 500,000 won monthly and up to 5M key money..
Teaching Hours per grade: Grade 1 -2: 2:30 – 7:50 ( M/T/W/F), Grade 3-4: 3:20 – 9:40 ( M/T/W/T/F, 10 am – 1 pm only on Saturday ) and Grade 5-6: 3:30 – 9:50 ( M/T/W/T/F, 10 am -1 pm only on Saturday)
Age group: Grade 2 – 6, 10 -13 years old
Start: Hiring one teacher in May & two more teachers for July.
Monthly Pay: 3.3M won, working 30 hours M-F / 4 Million won, working 33 hours M-F / 10 am -1 pm Saturdays.
Housing allowance: 500,000 won per month, directly paid to the landlord, and Key Money deposit loan of up to 5 million
*11 vacation days for those working M-F / 12 days of vacation for those working M-S 5 / 6 days designated by the academy, six personal days
*All red letter days off
*Severance bonus upon the completion of the 1-year contract
*Medical Insurance: 50% of the National Insurance premium paid for by our school for E 2 visa holders
*Monthly contribution to the National Pension Fund on an E 2 visa holder
- A 4-year bachelor's degree holder (any subject)
- At least six months or one year of experience teaching at private academies in Korea
- Teach English literature, speech & formal debate, and writing, as well as be able to design and organize fun and creative projects and activities.
- The ability to teach critical and creative thinking and analyzing literature and debate topics,
teaching student-centered and experiential learning through activities such as writing, and speech presentation
- Passion for teaching and a champion for students academically and personally
- Ability to organize and deliver lessons with a strong work ethic
- A two-week paid hands-on training session that entails four workshops, two class watching, and two mock class teaching is required for all new teachers.
To Apply: https://www.teachenglishinkorea.org/job-application.