top of page

E2-1 Visa Sponsor Transfer (renewing an ARC Card).

Are you a dedicated educator in Korea, ready to embark on a new teaching adventure? If you're transitioning to a new school, our step-by-step guide will make the E2 visa transfer process a breeze. Follow these simple instructions to renew your ARC for new employment seamlessly.

Step 1: Identify Your Jurisdiction

Locate the immigration office responsible for the area where your new accommodation is situated. If you have your own housing, visit the office covering that specific region. Need help finding the right office? Consult our List of Immigration Offices in Korea.

Step 2: Schedule Your Visit

Coordinate with your recruiter to determine the best time for your visit to the immigration office. Not sure how to make an appointment? Check out our guide on reserving your spot at

Step 3: Gather Your Documents

Ensure you have the following documents ready for your visit:

From You (Teacher):

  • Application Form (no. 34 form)

  • A passport and an additional photocopy

  • ARC (Alien Registration Card) and an additional photocopy

  • Employer Change Form/Employment Alteration Report

  • Labor income origin collection receipt/Official tax statement from your previous school (근로소득원천징수영수증)

  • Application Fee: 60,000 ~ 90,000 KRW

  • Passport-style photo (if a new ARC card is needed): 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm in size

From Your New School (Employer):

  • 1 Original and 1 photocopy of the contract signed by both parties

  • Photocopy of the school's business certificate/license (사업자등록증 복사본)

  • Status form of students

  • Weekly teaching timetable/Teacher's Schedule (강사시간표)

  • Photocopy of school registration/establishment license (applicable to private academies only)

  • 1 Original and 1 photocopy of the Housing lease contract/School housing contract (if you have your own place then you need to bring your housing contract)

  • Confirmation letter of accommodation residency (Not needed if your name is on the lease contract)

In some cases, the immigration office may request additional documents:

A. If You are a Current EPIK/GOE/TaLK Teacher:

  • Photocopy of the Apostilled BA degree / the Apostilled Criminal Background Check from the Office of Education office

  • E2 medical check results in a sealed envelope from a certified hospital.

B. If You Leave Your Current School Early:

  • Original Release Letter signed by your current employer

Or, C. In Other Situations:

  • Amount of income certificate (소득금액증명원)

  • Employment Certificate (재직증명서)

  • Housing contractor's ID photocopy (both sides)

  • Current E2 visa holder's list at your current/previous school (Name, Nationality, ARC number)

  • Utilize the plan lecturer letter (This has to be written by the school)

Step 4: Visit Your Local Immigration Office

Present your application and the required documents to the immigration office.

Step 5: Receive Your Transferred Visa

Your visa will be transferred on the same day you visit the office. For a new ARC card, you can return to the immigration office for pick-up in 2~3 weeks.

Embark on your new teaching journey with confidence! For further assistance or clarifications, contact TEIK's dedicated support team. Safe travels and happy teaching!



·         Application form no.34

·         Employer change form or Employment Alteration Report

·         Utilize plan lecturer letter (This has to be written by the new school)

·         A letter of release (if you haven't completed your previous contract)

·         Current E2 visa holder's list at your current school (Name, Nationality, ARC number)

·         Confirmation of Residence or Accommodation


Download PDF • 43KB

Download PDF • 80KB

Download PDF • 42KB

Download PDF • 133KB

139 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


  • Facebook
  • Instagram
bottom of page